Thinking About Becoming An Athletic Trainer?
Athletic trainers have important and fulfilling jobs. They can use their skills to make decisions regarding the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation and return to play decisions (per state licensure guidelines, of course!). They can think critically, make independent decisions, and make a tremendous impact. At Carle Mclean County Orthopedics, our Athletic Trainers perform the following essential functions:
- Onsite care and management of illness and injuries, including prevention, education, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation. Our goal is to minimize the risk of injuries through awareness, education, and prevention strategies.
- Athletic training outreach services to contracted clubs, high schools, and college teams.
- Communication with athletes, their parents/guardians, coaching staff, team and community physicians, physical therapists, and other athletic trainers regarding the injury and plan of care.
- Electronic documentation of all patient/athlete encounters, including injury evaluations, referrals, treatments, and rehabilitation.
So what do you need to become an Athletic Trainer/Ortho Tech at CMCO?If you're interested in becoming an Athletic Trainer at CMCO, you'll need:
- A Bachelor's Degree in CAATE accredited Athletic Training Program or graduate related equivalent major or master's degree in CAATE accredited Athletic Training Program or graduate related equivalent major.
- An Athletic Trainer License Illinois upon hire and Certified Athletic Trainer Board of Certification for the Athletic Trainer upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
- And to be proficient and meet all requirements of the ATC within one year of the start date. One year of experience is preferred but not required; new grads are welcome to apply!
Patients of orthopedic practices, such as at Carle Mclean County Orthopedics, rely on a strong therapy department, skilled athletic trainers, and professional medical support staff to ensure patient satisfaction. It's an excellent environment for professionals seeking experience, professional support, and a stable, supportive work environment. If you or someone you know is interested in applying for athletic trainer positions at Carle Mclean County Orthopedics, visit: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_Carle/external/gateway/viewFromLink.html?jobPostId=32066&localeCode=en-us
Carle Mclean County Orthopedics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all applications! And, for more opportunities at our Bloomington-Normal location, visit our employment page here: https://mcleancountyortho.com/contact/employment-opportunities