Dr. Novotny’s interest in medicine sparked at an early age. Growing up, he was always interested in math, science, and biology. Novotny’s father was a dentist who also worked closely with Dr. Jerald Bratberg, who practiced orthopedic surgery for decades in the Bloomington area. Dr. Novotny grew up in Bloomington and is a graduate of Bloomington High School. After attending med school in Chicago, he knew he wanted to return home and practice in Bloomington-Normal. He joined Carle MCO in 1998 as a board-certified orthopedic surgeon, specializing in the treatment of a variety of areas including the shoulders, elbows, hands, hips, and knees. Dr. Novotny is assisted by his physician’s assistant Alex Frantz and MA Deana and nurse Bonny.
Dr. Novotny loves working at Carle MCO because it is the largest orthopedic physician group in the area who offer a variety of specialties. At Carle MCO, the physicians utilize each other to best care for their patients. From physicians to patients, it is a team and family environment where patients receive complete care under one roof.
- Undergraduate: University of Illinois, Champaign/Urbana, Bachelor of Physiology
- Graduate: University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Chicago Medical Doctorate
- Internship: University of Illinois Hospitals and Clinics, Chicago, General Surgery
- Residency: University of Illinois Hospitals and Clinics, Chicago, Orthopedic Surgery
- Illinois Association of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- McLean County Medical Society
- Central Illinois Orthopedic Society
- Orthopedic Surgeon, Carle McLean County Orthopedics September 1998-Present
- Chief of Orthopedic Surgery, BroMenn Healthcare 2000-present
Outside of his work at Carle MCO, Dr. Novotny enjoys a healthy lifestyle and is a former triathlete and swimmer. He is a family man who enjoys spending time with his six kids and four Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs as well as outdoor activities such as hiking and farming.