Dr. Oakey was exposed to the medical world early on in his life. His mother was a nurse, and he spent a lot of time working in hospitals. At age sixteen, he landed his first job as a transporter at a hospital in Melrose Park. Dr. Oakey joined the Carle MCO team in 2004 as a fellowship-trained and board-certified hand surgeon who treats all general and complex orthopedic conditions but specializes in the treatment of the hand, wrist, and elbow. He is assisted by his nurse practitioner Darren Sawyer and nurse Samantha.
Dr. Oakey believes that you never work a day in your life if you love what you do, and he loves what he does. Dr. Oakey is married to his wife, Laura C. Randolph, MD, who is a local plastic surgeon. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his three kids who have a variety of interests such as drama, music, swimming, and video games. Dr. Oakey is also an avid golfer and primarily plays at the Bloomington Country Club.
- Undergraduate: University of Illinois
- Graduate: Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Medical Doctorate
- Residency: Loyola University Medical Center, Orthopedic Surgery Residency
- Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship: Medical College of Wisconsin
- McLean County Medical Society
- American Society of Hand Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Advocate Physician Partners Board of Directors, 2012-2020
- Advocate Physician Partner Accountable Care Board of Directors, 2012-2020
- Carle McLean County Orthopedics President, 2011-2013
- Advocate BroMenn PHO President, 2011-2020
- Administrative Board, Calvary United Methodist Church, 2008-2011